Wednesday 5 January 2011

Starting again

Ok...yes...I know...I am a rubbish blogger! 5 months after I started this blog, and I only got as far as 2 posts that I wrote in the first week!

So a New Year and a new chance to try again. I WILL be a better blogger...Before I move forward though, I'd like to take this opportunity to look back at what I achieved in 2010. My highlights were:

  • Starting my new post as the e-Learning teacher at a City Learning Centre
  • Giving Twitter a second chance and really discovering it's powers to give me such a fantastic PLN
  • Attending the Apple Teacher Institute, meeting some fantastic people and learning more than I could have hoped for
  • Developing my own skills in using Apple technology in education
  • Filtering these skills out to learners of all ages
  • Taking part in my first #ukedchat; headspinning but brilliant
  • Falling in love with, and developing lessons to improve literacy levels using Storybird
  • Instigating and developing a pilot project of WriteOnline with cohorts of Year 6 children (when no funding was available)
  • Adopting the CLC iPad
2010 moved me forward professionally in so many ways. When I look back at this time last year, as I was just beginning this job, I wasn't expecting to be forced to move on again so soon, but with the change of government came redundancies, and in April I will be leaving the CLC and starting a new position (more on that later, see how I'm planning to carry on with the blog!).

Looking ahead to what 2011 has in store:
  • Attending the Learning Without Frontiers conference, and hopefully my first TeachMeet while I'm there
  • Seeing the outcomes of my WriteOnline pilot project
  • Seeing a fantastic team of dedicated people at the CLC being forced to disperse
  • Beginning my new role
  • And who knows what else...
So there we go, what will 2011 hold in store for you?

No comments:

Post a Comment